Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Wisdom Wednesday #3: Book of the Month ~Eat, Pray, Love

Eat, Pray, Love Chapter# 1 Introduction & Analysis:

Previously, here's a recap. I began on introducing how this book was an autobiography about a young woman named Elizabeth Gilbert who goes on a spiritual journey after being divorced traveling to three places Italy, India, and Indonesia in the search to find perfect balance in her life.



So we begin our journey in Italy where she goes onto explain that she's learning how to speak Italian by a tall, dark-haired, handsome fellow named Giovanni. In this part of the story Liz is exploring how to enjoy the simple pleasures of life. She's learning how to enjoy herself through the pursuit of food, language, and friendship. Giovanni and Liz are learning Italian words over delicious Italian dishes. Through the seeking of learning the art of the Italian language she's attempting to save herself from her chaotic times of her divorce. Learning something new has a sort of healing effect, almost like a distraction from awful experiences and as she's learning more and more about her new accquired language from Giovanni she slowly as the story progresses further in the first part of the book she improves herself while moves on by forgetting her past hurts.

I personally can relate to this with my own break up with my previous girlfriend. Although it wasn't a divorce per se it was an ending of a lovely relationship that would inevitably be my world crumbling down. In the past, I had literally worshipped her and the feet she walked on. I loved her with every fiber of my being and she was my world. I realized it was an unhealthy relationship because I realize we were both coming together from a place of emptiness and hurt. We expected each other to be the happiness for each other when it was suppose to be our own responsibilities individually. I know how Liz felt when her world came crumbling down and when your life is in chaos sometimes a little bit of pleasure or a project, a hobby, or interest can save your life. Like Liz's pursuit of something to improver herself and move on I was working out more with my big sister April at the time of my break up to help improve myself and move on from my own relationship.

I am sure many of you can relate to Elizabeth's struggle so I invite all of you to share your experiences with some troubling time that you had in your own life and the hobby or interest that saved your life. I am interested to know more about you! If you have any questions please feel free to ask me anything and tune in next week for the review and analysis of chapter 2. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Subscribe To Us


Special Posting Days

Mondays - Manifest Mondays: Inspirational quotes, stories, photos and videos

Wednesdays - Wisdom Wednesdays: Sharing the sources relate to or inspire the law of attraction

Fridays - Fruition Fridays: How-to manifest your desires