Friday, April 25, 2014

Fruition Friday #7: How To - Reset Your Brain Every Morning

Simple Exercise To Brighten Up Your Day

Your thoughts upon waking up can "make or break" the rest of your day. You can wake up happy and the rest of your day seems to be going your way. Or you can wake up miserable and may feel like you're down on your luck.

We know that ultimately your emotions are the cause of events and not the other way around. We must reset ourselves every morning to ensure we use our emotions to our advantage. Even before we get out of bed or write in our daily agendas we must regress all thoughts for at least 15 minutes a day.

It's purely simple. The only tool you would need is a timer.

So what is it?

It's called meditation.

I know some people might think that meditation is useless or that it may be impossible for them to endure. Just like any other habit it must be practiced with diligence. Trust me, it will actually get easier with time.
So you say you can concentrate, at least not yet? From my own experience, I started out with a couple of tools:

  • Prayer beads
  • relaxation apps for my Android smartphone via Google Play Store


Prayer Beads



You can either buy the used premade or make your own. You might want to Google more on the subject finds local stores that may have prayer beads readily available. I was actually gifted one by my brother while we were window-shopping the mall one day.

Relaxation Apps

I interchange between two specific apps I have found out the Google Play Store.

Relax Time


The first one is called Relax Time. I like it for its simplicity and its capability for tracking your sleep cycle. Within the sleep cycle tracker it has a hidden timer which I double as a meditation timer.


Relax Melodies


The second app I use just as much as the first is called Relax Melodies. Again it is a simple app to use with many varieties of sounds and a wonderful timer which again doubles as a meditation timer. You can upgrade the app to include more features but it's not necessary for timer usage.

This Is What I Do

When I wake up every morning, I'll grab my prayer beads and select a relax timer. I'll sit up in my bed in the most upright position and use the prayer beads as guidance throughout my meditation while using one word mantras. It helps me focus on my purpose for those 15 minutes.

I will eventually put up a video to explain the meditation process in more detail in a later post.

What Forms of Meditation Have Helped You?

You have a unique way of meditating that you would like to share with other readers? Please share any tools that may be useful in the comments below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Subscribe To Us


Special Posting Days

Mondays - Manifest Mondays: Inspirational quotes, stories, photos and videos

Wednesdays - Wisdom Wednesdays: Sharing the sources relate to or inspire the law of attraction

Fridays - Fruition Fridays: How-to manifest your desires