Monday, April 28, 2014

Manifestation Monday #8: "Let It Go"

As I'm typing this, the song from Disney's "Frozen" is playing in my head. I think that the song resonates with me. It reminds me of the biggest step in LOA. After you ask for what you want, you "let it go". It's one of the hardest concepts for me to learn thus far. But after practicing it,  I recognize it as "forgetting" rather than letting go.


If you have a hard time letting go of things, whether it's material, relationship or habits, it's time to reevaluate why and consider a different approach.

A good portion of letting go is entrusting control outside of yourself. I'm guilty of that; I'm a parent of two youngsters myself. I have to lead my household and yet I must learn to let go to gain new habits or allow LOA to happen in my favor. It's a constant tug and pull.

So What Has Worked For Me?

Keeping busy. I mean busy so I don't focus on the desire. A good thing to do that has worked for many people, is to try to stay in a positive state of mind for as long as possible. You could play with your family pet, watch a funny movie, play with your kids, and so on.

Notebook: Personally, I keep a list in a small notebook which list all possible things I could do within my immediate reach. This way, I don't have to sit and think so much, taking me out of the positive state of mind. It gets easier, not to say you won't have a day or so where things just seems to go the opposite direction.

Gratitude Journal: You could keep a gratitude journal and write in it everyday. Then, when you hit a rut in your thoughts, you have a form of "proof" to keep you elevated.

Meditation: Going back to the number one reliever to all emotional ailments, use meditation. It's worth a skill to build on. See my other posts for more details.

How Does This Manifest Anything If You Let It Go?

When you let go of a desire, you entrust to the universe that it will come to you in due time. You let go of the idea that you are lacking in what you want. It's NOT stating that you don't want it. You only have to ask once and it sets forth energy needed to manifest it.

When I "forget" about my desires, I have unconsciously worked toward my goals without noticing it. It's similar to the idea that when you buy a new car, you start to see it everywhere. I create the desire for something, suddenly opportunities seem to appear out of nowhere. Then it starts the snowball effect because I acknowledged it, causing more of the same events. All without force or effort.

These are just tools to help. If you have a "tool" to share, please comment in the area below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Subscribe To Us


Special Posting Days

Mondays - Manifest Mondays: Inspirational quotes, stories, photos and videos

Wednesdays - Wisdom Wednesdays: Sharing the sources relate to or inspire the law of attraction

Fridays - Fruition Fridays: How-to manifest your desires