Friday, May 2, 2014

Fruition Friday #8: How to - Increase Hope Using These 10 Principles

I've adapted this post from a webradio show host on http://loaradionetwork.com/, Constance Arnold. She's a soft spoken speaker with a southern accent. Very pleasing to listen to and I love how helpful she defines things with examples and stories.

Within the principles, I've added a little take on what she said as well.

10 Principles For Increasing Hope

1. Overcome my regrets - When you dwell on the past you get more of it. Put your "I AM" -ness (I don't know how to add the -ness to a phrase, sorry guys) in front of you.  For example, "I AM moving toward my car business which will gross me an extra $100,000 a year." "I AM" is in the now, a state of being in the present. As you speak you begin to believe it. No more should've or would've. It stems from shame. Shame is an unhealthy cycle. It also creates a learned helplessness.  A "Poor me" syndrome.

2. Acknowledge you may need help - Sometimes you may need to admit you need outside help. If you cannot overcome regrets, bouts of anger or any overwhelming negative feelings, seek professional help. We might not be in the position to fix things ourselves and that's okay too. 

I went through a bout of depression, I had to seek help. The perspective helped when I couldn't get over the guilt and sadness over my own loss. I realized I wasn't alone in my feelings and that I was normal to be in my state of being. 

Don't go through intense emotions if you feel it's out of control. There are various resources in your local cities and hotlines to help you get through the tough times.

3. Don't allow your current roadblocks to holt your journey - In other words, don't let your current state hold yourself back from your purpose. You will have setbacks. You cannot allow it to block you from your desires. 

4. Believe in a better tomorrow - Get it by "faith". Read something motivational and inspirational, like the Bible. Reading is better than listening. 10-15 min a day. 

You can also read other inspirational books, not necessarily the Bible. If you're not christian, read from what ever religion you practice. If you don't practice a specific religion, there are many spiritual based books that don't touch on it.

5. Pain transforms - If someone leaves your life, God has something better or they aren't meant for your destiny. Acknowledge that and learn from the pain. You want transformation which happens from the inside. For example, with weight loss, you must transform from inside. That is to learn to love yourself, forgive those who have hurt you or overcome guilt.

In the subject of weight loss, I'd like to recommend a book I've recently finished which touches on these principles called "A Course In Weight Loss" by Marianne Williamson. She recognizes that it's the inward battle that must be fought not the diet in order to lose weight. I think it touches well beyond weight loss and emphasis how it interrelates with other events in our own lives. Even if weight loss is NOT the goal, it's worth the spiritual principles laid within the book.

6. Create small daily rituals or principles which will give you glimmers of hope - Take baby steps toward your bigger goals. Work a little bit at a time so it doesn't feel overwhelming. With every obstacle you overcome, it continues to motivate you toward your desires. 

7. Focus on gratitude - Have gratitude...even if it's small. Focus will shift and change...you will get more of it. 

8. You've got the power - Realize that you can bring about change in your life. You have the power to change how you think and how you feel about things that happen to you. LOA principle also states that what you feel and your thoughts affect future events. Not vice versa. How's that for power?

9. Get rid of hope killers - Get rid of "self medicating" like drinking, overeating, too much internet and so on. It dampers on the positive you would otherwise see. 

10. Factor God or Spirit in your life - By factoring something bigger than you, such as God or Spirit, you create hope that something greater than you can uplift your current state in life. You are not alone in this vast universe and that something put purpose into you. A reference made my Cosntance taken from the Bible Psalm 3:3, "But you are a shield around me, O LORD; you bestow glory on me and lift my head.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Subscribe To Us


Special Posting Days

Mondays - Manifest Mondays: Inspirational quotes, stories, photos and videos

Wednesdays - Wisdom Wednesdays: Sharing the sources relate to or inspire the law of attraction

Fridays - Fruition Fridays: How-to manifest your desires